Abinitio School of Dance
Abinitio Performing Arts and Casting Agency
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
We at Abinitio School of Dance are the data controller our contact address is :-
Abinitio School of Dance,
Telephone – 07970 796583
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site – www.abinitiodance.co.uk
Data we collect about you.
We collect personal data when you register yourself / or your children into our classes, we may also collect data when you voluntarily complete services, private feedback, interact on social media and participate in any discount offers.
Website data is collected using cookies. We collect the following data in order to provide parents, students, clients and customers with the service/s they require.
· Full name, gender, date of birth and contact details, home address, home and mobile telephone numbers and e-mail address.
· Personal data about persons connected to you such as legal guardians, legitimate carers and referees, you must have their authority to provide their data to us.
· Emergency contact details.
· Medical conditions and allergies.
· Details of any learning/special needs
· Education details and previous dance/performing arts details
· Professional qualifications/membership
· Work history and referees
· Chaperone licence
· Records of products and services purchased
· Photography, videos and audio recordings during events, classes and productions
The purpose of collecting your date.
We only process your personal data if necessary for legitimate interests including:-
· Communications i.e. newsletters, notices and updates, e-mails and telephone communications, such as texts messaging to keep you up to date with our products and services.
· For services, market research and developing statistical data that allows us to improve our services.
· You have the right to object to our legitimate interest relating to you.
To comply with a legal obligation including:
· Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures e.g. working with children and vulnerable adults and HMRC.
· Exercising your right under data protection law and making rights requests.
· Verifying your identity under data protection law, other legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures.
· The establishment and defence of legal claims and rights based on your consent including.
· Sending you marketing advocacy and other communications about us.
· Photography for use within Abinitio School of Dance publications and on line publications including web sites.
You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will work to activate it within one month or sooner of the request.
Please note that withdrawal of consent from one activity does not mean withdrawal from other activities you have given consent to. Withdrawal of consent may also effect what we can do for you.
Who we share data with:-
· We do not share personal data with third parties unless we are required to do so by law, or for any of the following reasons.
· You have opted to take examinations (data shared with International Dance Teachers Association and Royal Academy of Dance) the required data will be shares with the named bodies.
· Taking part in productions/shows which requires a body of persons licences shares with the relevant councils.
· You take any part in a third party production/show. (Data shares with show organisers)
· External training e.g Data shared with International Dance Teachers Association, Royal Academy of Dance, Professional Dance Experience Ltd or other workshops (data shared with Master Class organisers)
· Other parties connected to you where you have given consent to contact them as referees, legal guardians or legitimate carers.
· Government bodies and agents in the UK. i.e. DBS and CRB and the Data Commissioners Office
· Emergency services to provide vital information
· Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law.
How long we hold your data for.:
· We will hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary to meet the purpose of which it was originally collected.
· Where you have given your consent to collect your personal data we may hold it for as long as your consent is not withdrawn. We aim to refresh your consent after a reasonable period.
· Where you have given consent for direct marketing we will stop processing your data once we receive a withdrawal of your consent or you have un-enrolled from classes. Your data will then be destroyed within 12 months of class withdrawal.
· Where we have collected your personal data to meet legal obligation we will hold your data in accordance with the retention periods given by legal regulatory bodies and subject to the exceptions below.
· We may hold your personal data for longer that originally collected for archiving, keeping statistical data to defend or make a legal claim or for as long as a claim may be brought against us or made by us and/or in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Rights to be informed.
· You have the right to have inaccurate data rectified or completed if it is incomplete. You can make this request verbally or in writing. We aim to provide these requests separately within one month following the date of your access or rectification request or three months if it is complex to provide it.
· Rights to erasure. (The right to be forgotten) you have the right to have your data deleted by us.
· Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose we originally collected it for.
· You have informed us that you have withdrawn your consent and we do not have any legal requirements to continue to hold your data.
· You object to direct marketing from us to any of the legitimate interests for collecting personal date.
· We do not collect your data lawfully
· We must comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We give emphasis for personal data collected from children where they may have joined social media groups and/or may no longer be a child they may not have been aware of the risks at the time they may have given consent to us.
· Your right to erasure may not apply for one of the following reasons.
· Exercise the right of freedom of expression and data to comply with legal application for the performance of a task carried out in the public’s interest or in the exercise of official authority.
· Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research or statistical purpose where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievements or their purpose.
· For the exercise or defence of legal claims. We only store your personal data and not use it.
· We are committed to ensure that your data is secure in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
You can complain to us using our “contact us” details above. You also have the right to complain to the Data Commissioners Office which has enforcement powers and can investigate complaint with Data Protection Law……. ico.org.uk.
Abinitio School of Dance
School Policies - Terms and Conditions
· All students must be enrolled; this Enrolment Form becomes the basis of the agreement with ABINITIO SCHOOL OF DANCE.
· Each student enrolled must have a completed Enrolment Form, read and signed by a parent/guardian.
· By enrolling at ABINITIO SCHOOL DANCE, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out hereafter.
· Fees are due Monthly.
· Payments may be made by either cash or BACS transfer (bank details available from Miss Liz).
· Class fees range depending on the level and length of a class. Refunds cannot be given for absences of any type.
· On the rare occasion that adverse weather conditions prevent classes, we regret that no refunds can be made unless the school has given prior notice of its closure.
· Students will not be able to participate with account balances outstanding.
· If you wish to terminate your child’s lesson or lessons and pre-payment has been made in line with these terms and conditions, then no refund will be given.
· Students are entered for examinations at the discretion of the Principal.
· Exam fee deadlines must be adhered to. Students cannot be entered once the deadline has passed.
· A refund for non-attendance can only be given on production of a medical certificate, in which case the fees with be transferable to a future examination session and an admin charge will be added.
CODE OF CONDUCT – STUDENTS
· Students are required to arrive in good time for their classes so they do not miss the essential warm up. Latecomers will not be able to join the class until they are warm, to prevent injury. Teachers have the right to refuse entry to a class in case of persistent lateness.
· No eating or drinking in the Studio. Only bottled water is permitted between classes.
· Students must adhere to correct uniform for all classes.
CODE OF CONDUCT – PARENTS/GUARDIANS
· Parent/guardians are required to accompany their children to the studio and to collect them from there at the end of class. Parents/guardians must be sighted and are expected to collect their child/children from the waiting room. The school cannot be held responsible for children outside the studio premises.
· It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to explain to their children the behaviour that is expected of them to ensure their safety in dance classes, whilst on studio premises and for the duration of any off-site performances.
· The parent/guardian takes full responsibility for their child's conduct and actions.
· No parents/guardians are allowed into the studio whilst dance classes are in progress - by invitation only.
· ABINITIO SCHOOL OF DANCE reserves the right to refuse admittance to any parent/guardian of a student of the school, if that person demonstrates inappropriate, violent or abusive behaviour/communications to any staff member, student or other parent at ABINITIO SCHOOL OF DANCE, class, performance or other event.
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
· ABINITIO SCHOOL OF DANCE may take photographs of the students and use these images in our school prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
· ABINITIO SCHOOL OF DANCE may also make video recordings of students in class, performing at events and our school productions. These videos may be used on our website, You Tube, Facebook, Twitter pages or DVD’s.
· From time to time, the school may be visited by the media who will take photographs of students, which may appear in local or national newspapers or televised news programmes.
· Parent/guardian consent must be given to the use of all photography and video recordings in line with these terms and conditions, otherwise their child may not be able to take part in classes or other performances.
· No photography or videoing of any student/s in class time is permitted by students or parents/guardians, without prior permission.
SAFETY AND WELL BEING
· The safety of our students is our top priority.
· All injuries will be recorded in the Accident book. First Aid equipment is available at the Studio.
· All teachers possess a clear enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously known as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check).
· Young children may require a member of staff to accompany them to the toilet.
· No smoking/drugs/alcohol is allowed in or around any area of the Studio.
· The teaching of dance by necessity involves a "hands on" approach to ensure the safety of the child and correct body alignment. There will therefore be times when teachers have physical contact with the student to make corrections to posture etc. Parental consent must be given.